Friday, October 26, 2007

This is amazing

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/NEWS01/710230355

This is a link to an article about Will Forest and his Ebay stunt to show his dissapproval of the way The Yanks treated Joe Torre. I think its awesome. Will is my friend Spencer's Dad who lives in Montpelier where I grew up. I have always known him as a yankees fan and a great guy in general, he owned and operated a batting cage house in Vermont for a couple of years and we used to love going there and hitting balls and practicing pitching. Once my friend John threw a pitch that was so far off it went past all the idiot proof panelling around the pitching mound and punctured the insulation of the wall and got lodged inside the building! But Will's batting cage is only further proof of his devotion to baseball.

Well, Will decided to sell his loyalty to the team on Ebay and the winning bidder will choose his new favorite team. I love it. I like the way it demonstrates critical thinking rather than blind trust. He questions his favorite team just like its okay to question your government or your teachers, or your parents if they do things you don't agree with.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Hey Adam - I tried the address you gave & it didn't work...here's the address I was able to find for the article.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/NEWS01/710230355

Miss having you here, but love having the blog to read!

Darlene said...

So I showed this to the guys at work - all DIEHARD Red Sox fans - & they really want to know how it turned out. Do you know who won & what they chose?