Sunday, April 20, 2008

Only a FOOL stands between me and the blood wine!

Dear Evan,

Yesterday's blizzard was a time machine back to February and today was earth day with everyone in parkas at Caras Park. I volunteered for the Global Warming Solutions.org table. I talked to a lot of people very intelligently (in English) and felt like I was on wild civ field trips again grilling people at their booths about the one thing they know the best. It was empowering, in a totally non-fossil fuel sense of the word.

Except the people are still weak. They need to drink blood wine and turn Environmentalism into something to be proud of. I would not mind suffering. I think I'm going to try and save the earth. Oh wait you already knew that. But how... Well I'll need your help. Next year, when you and I live together in the perfect little cottage in the Rattlesnake, we'll organize our community until it sings with the joy of the earth. There will be pot lucks and hot ducks. There will be sustainable entertainment every night and there will be GOATS to trim the grass. We can do it. It'll be a good time. I want systems that are indestructible. If all the trucks stopped driving, the supermarkets would be empty in three days. three days after that the warehouses would be empty. Then what? We gotta be ready. Ready for peak oil, ready for hollywood to wash away and ready for the ice age to rise. I'll drink blood wine and sharpen my shovel. Gardening shovel.

No comments: